By default, all hosting accounts on our shared servers are allowed to send no more than 100 e-mails per hour. This includes e-mail sent via SMTP and by any scripts that may exist on the website(s). We have imposed such a restriction to ensure that our servers are not used to send large scale UBE (Unsolicited Bulk E-mail), which can cause legitimate e-mail to become blocked or rejected by other servers.
Any attempt to send more than this above limitation will be met with subsequent e-mails being returned to the sender stating that the maximum allowed number of e-mails per hour has been exceeded. Additionally, if the source of the e-mails is a script or other program on the account, our systems will automatically disable all access to the source folder of the scripts to prevent further e-mails from being sent. Should this occur, you will receive an automated e-mail from our client area informing you that this has taken place and we would like further information from you to verify the legitimacy of these e-mails.
All bulk e-mail sent from our servers must conform to the relevant anti-spam regulations. These are as follows:
- Do not use false or misleading header information. All "From", "To", "Reply-To" and other routing information, including the originating domain name and e-mail address, must be accurate and clearly identify the person or business who initiated this message.
- Do not use deceptive subject lines. The subject must accurately reflect the content of the message.
- Tell recipients where you're located. Your message must include your valid physical postal address. This can be a current street address, a PO box registered with your postal service, or a private mailbox registered with a commercial mail receiving agency.
- Inform recipients how to opt out of receiving further e-mail from you. Your mail must include a clear and obvious explanation of how the recipient can opt-out of receiving further e-mail from you. In order for The Other Guys Hosting, LLC. to verify that you have adequate systems in place, we will only accept a web based opt-out system where users can click a link which will remove them from further mailings.
- Honor opt-out requests promptly. Any opt-out mechanism you provide must be able to process these opt-out requests for at least 30 days after you send your message. You must honor a recipients opt-out request within 10 working business days. You cannot charge a fee or require the recipient to give you any personally identifying information beyond an e-mail address. Once people have informed you that they do not want to receive any further messages from you, you cannot sell or transfer their e-mail addresses, even in the form of a mailing list.
- Monitor others who may perform mailings on your behalf. Even if you hire a third party to perform your mailings, you cannot contract away your legal responsibility to comply with the law. Both you and the company you hire for such mailings can be held legally responsible.